Planning That Napa Valley Wine Country Getaway with Friends
It's time to enjoy a weekend of fun, laughter, and relaxation
in the Napa Valley wine country.
Gather your group of friends and follow these planning steps for
a fun-filled weekend of good wine, food, and most of all good friends.
Napa Trip Planning Checklist
- Someone in your group must take the roll of the organizer.
Maybe it is you! Here are just a few items to consider that
will make your trip more successful and fun.
- Give the trip a name. Example: 4th Annual Ladies' Getaway to
Napa Wine Country
- Select the dates and the location: Calistoga, Yountville, etc.
- Select the hotel and try to negotiate a price for all the rooms.
Use our Lodging Tool on the right or visit our Napa
to find the right accommodations and the right price.
- Plan the itinerary. This includes hiring a limo for a day
of wine tasting and selecting the wineries you wish to visit.
Use our handy Trip Planning Tool or
select one of our Napa
Wine Trails. Visit
3 to 4 wineries.
- Consider taking a tour at one of the wineries. The Trip
Planner shows you which wineries have tours.
- Talk to the limo service about arranging lunch at one of the
wineries you are visiting.
- Book your
restauarnt for both nights. If the restaurant is not within
walking distance, book a cab. There are several taxi companies
that operate in the Napa Valley. Check our Napa Restaurant page
for the top restaurants.
- Bring some appetizers for your wine cocktail hour before dinner.
- Arrange for other activities as
needed: Massage, shopping, mud bath,
golf, church, etc.
- Collect the fees up front for the lodging, limousine, and picnic
- When the plans are finalized, send an itinerary to all.
- Most importantly of all, have fun in the Napa Valley.
this short video for the
most important travel tips